Technique Junkies

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Meet Julie aka Julz!


Howdy!!! My name is Julie Fields but I usually go by Julz.  :)  I'm so excited to be a part of TTT!
I've been married for 11 years to Scooter.  (No, that's not his real name & yes, everyone really does call him that! HA!)  We have two cutie long haired chihuahuas who think they are humans, Oreo & Cocoa along with two cats, Simba & Piggy who are stubborn as can be! ;)  We live in the super-tiny-don't-blink-as-you-go-through-the-no-stoplight town of Flovilla, GA.  It's way out in the country south of Atlanta and super quiet.  We love it here! 
In my 8a-5p world, I'm a corporate travel operations supervisor (basically I make sure the customer service is top notch and you're not heading to a business meeting in Timbuktu rather than Paris) and at night, I'm a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. I've been a demo for 2.5 years and love all things crafty!  I do try to combine the two when I can though for holiday parties and such! Once year we turned our cubicle into a huge treasure chest! It was incredible!!!  I recently began crocheting and taught myself not only how to make flowers but also a cute anti-bacterial holder!
I'm a self taught card maker & began my journey making my own wedding invitations when I couldn't find what I wanted at a reasonable price.  My favorite technique has to be embossing - you just can't go wrong whether it's textured or heat!  I have a more modern than vintage style but I'll try just about anything once.  I'm big on improvising if I don't have the exact tools needed for a technique.  A biggie for me - I like my stamps versatile!  I try to envision a million ways to use a stamp set before I buy it b/c if not, it's just going to sit there!  In the end, I'm just a crafty girl who loves some shimmer & glitter! :) 

I look forward to working with the TTT Design Team & embracing the fun challenges ahead!
 
Julz

No comments: